Here’s Part2 of 5 on our enormous catchup, originally recorded live in our 250th episode special on YouTube, we talk Hamilton dominating in Hungary, Robert Shwartzmann’s incredible F2 feature race win, and Marc Marquez somehow trying to race a week after a broken arm. No, really.
EPISODE 250 SETLIST
INTRODUCTIONS FOR NEWCOMERS AND HOUSEKEEPING
– Who are we, how did we get here
FORMULA 1 HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX
– Lewis Hamilton dominates en route to 8th Hungarian victory
– Verstappen 2nd after a sighting-lap accident holds off Bottas in 3rd
– Stroll puts his best race together in a long time 4th, Perez 7th – pending investigation of course!
– After trying weekend, ALB 5th
– VET salvages 6th and Ferrari’s only points (LEC 11th)
– RIC 8th, SAI 9th (is it time to pump the brakes on the McLaren hype train!)
– MAG penalized to 10th – but a points a point after slick tyre gamble!
– More bumbling the moments of reflection against racial injustice(edited)
– Nurburgring, Algarve, and Imola are in
– CoTA, Montreal, La Ciudad de Mexico, and Interlagos are out
F2 AND F3 IN HUNGARY
– F2 Feature: Schwartzman runs down everyone on alternate strategy, Mazepin brings up a Russian 1-2, MSC third after holding net lead all day
– F2 Sprint: Ghiotto BARELY holds on to victory after Ilott one-stops his way to 2nd, MSC collects back-to-back podiums
– F3 Race 1: Theo Pourchaire picks up 2nd win of 2020 after Sargent/Smolyar T1 crash; when Liam Lawson’s car hits 88 mph we’ve seen some serious shit
– F3 Race 2: Bent Viscaal picks up 10 seconds of penalties, David Beckmann promoted to race victory
MOTOGP JEREZ 2 PREVIEW
– Marc Marquez somehow declared fit, withdraws on Saturday after inflammation on broken arm
Copyright Motorsport101 - https://www.motorsport101.net/